Marriage to U.S. citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident

Service fee: $1900

If you are married to a U.S. Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident, we can help you with your U.S. immigration case. Getting married is an important stage in one's life, and we make sure that your case of marriage to a U.S. Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident is handled professionally and confidentially.

We will help you every step of the way in obtaining your conditional/permanent resident status and U.S. citizenship, and eventually help you sponsor your close relative(s). Getting your conditional or permanent resident status is only the first step, but it is a very important one. Later, you will also need to apply for your permanent resident card / U.S. citizenship.

To begin the process, please email us the documents listed below and we'll contact you to confirm receipt of your email. Please note that any documents that are not in English will need to be translated. We will process your application as soon as we receive it and within a few days you will have your case fully prepared.

Documents required from the US Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident (US Sponsor)
- Driver's license/non-driver's ID and US passport - if possible
- Birth certificate and SSN card
- All previous divorce documents issued by the court
- Last year's tax return to the IRS (optional: include tax returns for the last 3 years)
- Annual Income Verification - an official letter from the current employer stating the occupation and (1) the annual income level of the person, or (2) the hourly wage received and the number of hours worked per week - (if the person is self-employed or owns his/her own business, then the person should write his/her own Annual Income Verification / Employment Letter)
- Fill out the "US Sponsor" form and email the completed PDF form to us. The PDF form is editable and you can type on it. Save the PDF file to your computer first, then open and fill out the form, then email ( the completed PDF file with the documents listed above for your convenience.

Documents required from the Immigrant
- Passport
- Visa (if any)
- I-94 (Departure Record - if you have it)
- Current marriage certificate
- Birth certificate and SSN card - if you have a Social Security number
- Any previous divorce documents issued by the court
- All of your children's birth certificates - if their cases are filed with yours
- All of your children's passports - (we charge an additional $100 per child)
- Fill out the "Immigrant" form and email the completed PDF form to us. The PDF form is editable and you can type on it. Save the PDF to your computer first, then open and complete the form, then email ( the completed PDF along with the above documents for your convenience.

Note: if you do not have a program for managing PDF files (usually every computer has one), you can download the program for managing PDF files Adobe Acrobat Reader DC for free here:

Additional information
1. The first step in the green card process is to prove to the U.S. government that your marriage is bona fide. To do this, the U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident spouse must file a Petition for Alien Relative with U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS) along with evidence proving the legitimacy of your relationship. To prove that your relationship is bona fide, the government requires the following evidence:

i. Proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful permanent residence. Proof of legal marriage to a foreign national spouse, including a copy of the marriage certificate and proof that both spouses have legally terminated all prior marriages; and

ii. Proof that the marriage is bona fide, such as documentation showing joint ownership of property; a lease showing joint tenancy of a residence; documentation showing that you and your spouse have combined your financial resources; birth certificates of children born to you and your spouse; affidavits from family and friends with personal knowledge of the bona fide nature of your relationship; and any other relevant documentation establishing the existence of an ongoing marital union.

2. Step Two: Once USCIS has approved your Petition for Alien Relative application and determined that your relationship is bona fide, you must still ask the government to create and issue your green card. There are two ways to do this:

i. Adjustment of Status: This option is only available if the foreign national spouse is present in the United States. Once the petition is filed, the foreign national spouse cannot leave the U.S. until his or her application for employment authorization and advance parole is approved; or

ii. Immigrant Visa (Consular) Processing: Immigrant visa processing is initiated upon approval of the Petition for Alien Relative and involves filing an application with the National Visa Center (NVC) and attending an in-person interview at the appropriate U.S. embassy or consulate abroad. After a successful interview, the foreign national spouse will receive an immigrant visa, which will then be used to enter the United States as a lawful permanent resident.

Please contact us if you need help with your immigration case and we will be happy to provide you with all the information you need to file your case. We strive to ensure that our office's case processing is thorough, consistent, and detail oriented. Regardless of where our clients live, our reliable and affordable service is available from anywhere and we are always available and happy to help.

© Copyright 2021. All rights reserved.